CapeNature Booking Terms and Conditions:
For booking queries, please call 0861 227 362 or 021 483 0190.
Booking Terms and Conditions: The following Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings (walk-in or pre-paid):
Damage / loss / death
It is a distinct condition of admission to any protected area, that the Western Cape Nature Conservation Board and the property owners accept no responsibility or liability arising from a visit(s) howsoever caused:
- For any death, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person.
- For theft/loss/damage to any property, whether allegedly due to the negligence of the board/officers/employees/agents or arising from the use of any facilities supplied/made available.
- CapeNature accepts NO responsibility for clothing or any items left behind at our facilities.
- From any alleged defect in any utensil/equipment/ services/vessel/vehicle.
- From any other conveyance supplied/made available, or from any liquid/food supplied.
- From any other matter arising, in any other manner and from any other cause whatsoever.
Booking fees & cancellation of provisional bookings
Right of admission is reserved. All bookings are made on a first-come-first-served basis (no exceptions will be made). CapeNature takes bookings up to a year in advance; with the ‘year’ ending at the end of the corresponding month (i.e. bookings can be made on 01 December for the period up to 31 December the following year). CapeNature only confirms a booking on receipt of proof of full payment by the deadline-date as specified on the provisional booking. It remains the client’s responsibility to ensure that the proof of payment (i.e. deposit slip or internet bank confirmation) is received by the booking office. CapeNature reserves the right to cancel the booking if only partial payment is received, or should the proof of full payment not be received by the specified deadline date. Any money paid in by that date will be may be forfeited and become a CapeNature donation.
Cancelation of confirmed bookings
All cancelation requests for confirmed bookings are subject to the following:
- Confirmed bookings cancelled 30 days or more in advance of the booked arrival date can be refunded 75% of the total payment. CapeNature retains 25% of the full booking value. Bookings that are partially paid do not qualify for a refund.
- Confirmed bookings canceled between 30 and 15 days in advance of the scheduled arrival date can be refunded less 50% of the total booking cost. CapeNature retains 50% of the full booking value.
- Confirmed bookings canceled 15 days or less of the booked arrival date do not qualify for a refund or credit.
- Any refund requests as a result of death, illness or other exceptional circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis and need to be addressed to the Call Centre Manager in writing.
- Bookings cannot be rescheduled or refunded should guests choose to leave earlier or arrive later than expected due to illness, emergencies, change of plans etc.
- Should CapeNature cancel a confirmed booking for any reason then the guest has the option to change the booking to another CapeNature reserve (pending availability) or receive a full refund.
- CapeNature will not contend with any rescheduling or cancelation requests as a result of unpleasant weather conditions – this is out of our control. Should we be advised by our reserve staff that conditions are unsafe for visitors then we will contact the affected clients and offer an alternative arrangement.
- All confirmed bookings must be cancelled in writing. Refunds take approximately 2 weeks to process in full.
Booking changes and rescheduling:
All rescheduling is subject to the cancellation terms as well as the following:
- Any changes or rescheduling of confirmed bookings (e.g. date changes, number of persons, number of sites etc) that result in a potential decrease of the booking price needs to be requested at least 30 days before the booked arrival date. Any later requests will not be honoured.
- Any changes or rescheduling of confirmed bookings that result in a price increase or do not affect the price will be handled on a case by case basis pending availability and the impact on the reserve. Any additional monies owed must be settled in full before arrival at the reserve.
- Except where CapeNature has canceled a booking, the following administrative fees are levied on the rescheduling (date changes) of confirmed bookings:
- 1st and 2nd change: free
- 3rd and other consecutive changes: R75 per rescheduling
Breaking of the reserve rules
CapeNature reserves the right to deny access or to evict guests who do not adhere to the rules and regulations of the CapeNature and/or its reserves. Money paid for these bookings will be forfeited.
These rules include, but are not limited to the following:
- Visitors are to have their booking confirmation with them upon entrance to the reserve.
- No pets allowed on reserves, the only exception will be guide dogs for the blind.
- No collection of bait, removing, damaging or disturbing of fauna or flora
- Rowdy or unwanted behavior
- Exceeding the number of persons booked
- Children under the age of 8 may not participate in the Whale Trail. The Whale Trail is always sold as a package for either 6 or 12 persons
- The Arrival time for all camping and accommodation facilities is 14h00 and the departure time is 10h00.
- All CapeNature tariffs are subject to change without notification.